The body can include headings
This is a paragraph of text. It consists of several lines, which the browser is free to reformat to fit the width of the browser window. So this will be displayed as fewer lines.
We can also include an image. Here is a picture of Boris Buffalo.
Unordered and ordered lists follow
- This is the first item in an unordered list
- This is the second item
- And this is the third
- This is the first item in an ordered list
- This is the second item. Note how an item can include a sublist.
- This is the first item in the sublist
- This is the second item in the sublist
- And this is the third item in the main list
And now we show a table. The first row is the headings; the remaining rows are data.
|Column 1||Column 2||Column 3|
|Column 1 data||Column 2||Column 3 data|
|Column 1 data – no column 2 data||Column 3 data|
|Column 2 data||Column 3 data|
It is also possible to control how text is displayed – e.g. bold or italic.
The semantic tags strong and emphasis can also be used for this.
One can make text smaller or can use
superscript or subscript or
In preformatted text, the browser just reproduces exactly what it is given